This is a remote position.
We are HIRING Database Operations Engineer / Database Architect / Database Management
Acies is a Digital Business Design firm that:
- Helps organization's transition to the digital future
- Adopts a design-led approach to technology solutions
- Cares about internal and external customers
Be a part of a rapidly growing firm that loves deep diving into technology and come up with amazing solutions!
We solve problems
Fundamentally, we’re problem solvers. We care as much about business problems as we do about technology - that empathy gives us our edge. You could say it’s our secret sauce. We firmly believe in making lives easier for our customers using our skill sets. And we know that this is possible only with the right team.
Help businesses transform
Businesses play a big role in shaping markets as well as the society. We appreciate this viscerally and see ourselves playing an invisible but important role in helping businesses cope and transform to serve emerging needs. We are passionate, take our work very seriously and would love to have like-minded people on our team.
Looking for a Database operations role is responsible for ensuring the database structure follows the standard, deep performance analysis, security measures, integrity, monitoring, troubleshooting, documentation, report analysis and maintenance.
- Knowledge of relational database management systems (RDBMS) and NoSQL databases.
- Good Understanding of database structure principles and structured query language (SQL)
- On Premise and Cloud database management (Paas and Serverless)
- Analyze structural requirements for new software and applications and ability to understand business requirements and deliver it.
- Real time and historical log analysis and to come up with improvement recommendation
- Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts
- Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
- Monitor and Improve system performance and deep analysis by conducting tests, troubleshooting and implementing changes and apply new security patches and versions when required.
- Optimize new and current database systems including index and query tuning
- Define security and backup procedures
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
- Manage the security and disaster recovery aspects of a database.
- Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security
- Establish the needs of users and monitor user access and security
- Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Understanding of Audit/compliance reporting of SQL or other databases
- Experience in database Tuning, upgrade, backup, recovery, and storage.
- Database support in cross platform environments
- Up-to-date knowledge of technology
- Experience in Database Installation and configuration
- Understand Database Release Management
- Expertise Database Administration for SQL
- Knowledge around availability groups
- Minimum 2 RDBMS database experience - Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL
- Minimum one NoSQL database - MongoDB, Cassandra, CouchDB
- Any cloud database platform