STAFF NEEDED IN CARGO LOGISTICS FRESHER
Cargo and freight staff facilitate shipments of goods through airline, and trucking terminals and shipping docks. Agents ensure that shipments are picked up and delivered on time, paperwork is completed, and fees are collected. For international shipments, agents prepare and verify customs and tariff forms.
- Routes inbound and outbound air freight shipments to their destinations: Takes telephone orders from customers and arranges for pickup of freight and delivery to loading platform.
- 2) Assembles cargo according to destination.
- 3) Weighs items and determines cost, using rate book.
- 4) Itemises charges, prepares freight bills, accepts payments and issues refunds.
- 5) Prepares manifest to accompany shipments.
- 6) Notifies shippers of delays in departure of shipment.
- 7) Unloads inbound freight and notifies consignees on arrival of shipments and arranges for delivery to consignees.
- 8) May force conditioned air into interior of plane for passenger comfort prior to departure, using mobile aircraft-air-conditioning-unit.