The word 'banker' refers to those professionals who are employed by various banks. The main idea behind this article is purely in the context of what exactly the qualification, skills required to land a bank job.
Careers in Banking is further divided into 2 parts: Commercial Banking and Retail Banking.
- Retail bankers serve the general human population. The type of transactions in which they are involved with is aided in branches across the country.
- Many retail banking operations are carried out using Interactive Voice Responses and telephone lines nowadays.
- On the other hand, the commercial bankers break their heads with small or medium-sized companies and provide them with banking services which in turn helps them to grow their businesses.
- Bankers tend to be the face of the organization by managing the staff, serve every customer in the branch, over the phone or through the internet.
- They also set sales targets for the lower level professionals, manage the recruiting process and maintain and complete reports and paperwork as required.
What Will I be doing?
So we can go ahead and divide all the responsibilities regarding the retail banking and commercial banking.
- Retail bankers are those professionals who tend to do some amount of customer service role, advising or recommending with services such as setting up savings accounts, loan authorization etc.
- Primary responsibilities of a retail banker include recruiting, supervising, training and also handling the appraisals of the banking staff.
- They are also tasked with discussing the financial requirements of the clients and also providing them with financial advice.
- Assess and review financial details and processes payments and withdrawals.
- Authorize and evaluate the loans and develop a network of local business contacts.
- Promote the bank services and manage the budgets and at the same time effectively meeting all the targets.
- Maintain and provide statistical and financial records whenever needed.
- Deal with small or medium-sized companies than everyday people.
- Their services include loans and credit, trade, treasury services and employment services such as payroll.
- Their primary responsibilities include meeting with corporate customers and discussing financial requirements as per their convenience and also provide relevant financial advice.
- Advise small or medium-sized organizations about merging with other companies or acquiring other companies or capital markets.
- They are also tasked with promoting the bank's services, planning finances and preparing lending agreements.
- Should have very good Analytical skills
- He or she should be very good with numbers.
- Should have very good interpersonal skills with decent verbal and written communication skills.
- Should also be good with negotiation skills and should be curious to pay attention to every detail.
- Life of a banker is filled with a gamut of pressure which he or she should be able to manage and prioritize accordingly.
There are ways into this career for both who have just graduated or those who hold a post-graduation degree. For those who hold a degree in business-related subjects like business studies, management, economics etc are more likely to land a bank job.
The salary of a banker right from the entry level to management level ranges from ₹353000 to ₹1050000. (Source: Glassdoor).
Bank Jobs In Mumbai
Bank Jobs In Pune
Bank Jobs in Delhi
Bank Jobs In Bengaluru
Bank Jobs In Noida
Bank Jobs In Gurgaon
Bank Jobs In Chennai
Bank Jobs in Hyderabad