- A Human Resource Executive manages a variety of administrative tasks which are basically personnel related.
- Act as a connection between the HR managers and employees thereby ensuring regular and fluid communication and provide resolution to each and every query from the employees.
- Duties also include assisting or maintaining the day to day HR activities carried out in an organization. Whilst doing that, an executive must also keep in mind the HR policies and various processes and other important documents.
A Human Resource Executive must stand by his/her responsibilities and should be able to work independently and support in more complicated HR activities, like posting ads whenever there is a job vacancy in the company and contacting the applicants and coordinating interviews.
After undergoing a relevant HR training, an executive will then be involved in life cycle recruitment which is onboarding freshers and sourcing of candidates.
- Must assist their HR managers with the daily HR operations and processes.
- The duties of an HR Executive consists of a certain chronological order which needs to performed chronologically. It includes understanding and performing staffing requisition.
- Should be responsible for updating and drafting important documents such as job descriptions, Employee Handbook, forms, SOP, performance appraisal etc
- Need to source the candidates from the various recruiting agencies and the ads posted online.
- Resume shortlisting of candidates who have applied for the job and then conducting telephonic interviews, face to face interviews and background verification of the shortlisted candidates and then after the candidate gets hired, Letter of Intent/Offer letter needs to be issued by them.
- Need to keep track of the leaves/medical leaves/payroll of all the employees and keep a record by maintaining it throughout.
- An HR Executive also comes into play during an employee's exit formalities where tasks include verification of the employee, bank details, and issuing of experience letter.
- Must have very good communication skills.
- Should be well versed with analytical skills.
- He/She should be excellent in organizing work and be able to work independently in a team.
- Willingness to learn new skills and should be able to maintain a healthy relationship with the employees.
- Should be at least aware of all the Microsoft Office tools.
- Should be positive while working and should pro-actively conduct in the events, seminars, workshops etc at the workplace.
A candidate having a degree in any medium is eligible to apply for a Human Resource job. However, a candidate holding a degree in mass media or management would be preferable for Human Resource Executive post. A candidate holding a post graduate degree in Human Resource would be preferred for the management roles in the Human Resource industry.
The average Human Resources Executive salary is ₹3,00,000 (Source: Glassdoor). Right from the entry level to the higher level the salary ranges in between ₹1,55,000-₹6,22,000.